Monday, June 18, 2018

Polarized effect scrapbooking layout

Hi everyone !

Summertime is here, you will have a lot of pictures to scrap with your sunglasses on. Why don't you try to add a sunglasses look to your layouts ?
The picture I choose for mine is one of my daughter with polarized sunglasses. The picture itself was a little bit neutral, and the only focal point was the polarized sunglasses, so I tried to add the same touch of colors on my page...


As this layout was for the Art Anthology blog, I used their products to recreate this polarized effect... 
On a resist paper, I sprayed first Sandcastle Colorations to create the base, followed by a coat of Kona Velvet medium
Can you see the green glare on the sunglasses ? I used the Mermaid Sorbet in the center of the brown for it. And the gold is made with the Vegas Gold Sorbet as a top layer.


Surprisingly, even using the same products, the effect is different on metal and on paper/chipboard !


I really like this technique and I think it really look like a polarized effect. If you like it too, I made a video tutorial on how I worked on the chipboard "Summertime":



Thank you for your time, I hope you like this new technique. You will have to wait two more weeks to see the tutorial I made for a new video hop and the prize that goes with it... Meanwhile, I have more project for you, so don't forget to stop by soon !

Have a great week...

No comments:

Post a Comment