Monday, June 25, 2018

Aim for the moon / An art journal spread

Hello there !

I'm back with an inspirational art journal spread today, with a quote I try to apply as often as I can : Aim for the moon, if you miss you may it a star... For me it means several things : if you never try, you'll never know what you can have ; failure is not always a bad thing ; and you are worth more than you think. So let's take a look at these pages...


I started by applying white gesso on my pages, and then spray Colorations inks in Glorious and Salmon (Art Anthology). Using the Twilight stencil, I wiped thee color off with a baby wipe to create the stars. The moons were drawn with white gel pen and the Pebbles stencil.


Then, with the Triangular stencil and Mardi gras Velvet medium, I create randomly triangle stripes.


I cut out stars of different sizes from papers I create with a variety of stencil and mediums for another art journal spread (you will see it next month...) and  adhere them the the pages. I use white gel pen and black pen to outline shapes.



The final touch is the Wilted Violet distress ink on the edges of the journal.

I may aim for the moon this year, but not today... In fact not until school start again ! Two teenage girls living under the same roof with nothing more to do than to be moody if enough for my summer...

What will be your moon ? Have you hit few stars already ? That's all I wish for you for this starting week !
See you soon for another project...

No comments:

Post a Comment