Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Flower fairy dress with Prima Marketing

Hello crafters !

Should I say I played with a Barbie doll even if I'm 40+ ? Come on ! I know you did it too sometimes... But why again ? To create a fairy dress for her ! Look at this beauty !



I used few vintage items from Prima Marketing, using the doll as a dress form (it's in plastic, easily cleaned...). You can see hydrangeas, The Secon Wind papers cut with a leaf die, glittery leaves, a tiny resin rose and Say it in Pearls swirls.


Another close-up of the corsage rose (made with 3 hydrangeas) on the other side to see the resin roses and pearls :


I started to construct the dress by adhering half hydrangeas on ribbon around the waist using Fabri-Tac, letting an opening on the back to remove the dress from the doll. After few flowers rows, I changed for the leaves, each row glued to the previous one only by the stem.


The top is made with three leaves and two flowers. The back of the dress is open.


So... Do you want to play doll too now ?

One of my goal as a designer is to create a real size paper/flower dress, and I think this design will be perfect for it... What do you think ? Is this dress will win me a place in the Prima design team ? Hope so...

Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed  what you saw...
See you soon !

2 comments:

  1. What a great design for a dress. I love the flowers as the top of the dress. And yes, this makes me want to play with dolls again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy ! You should play...with papers !

      Delete