Thursday, April 19, 2018

Scrapbooking layout with Craft smith and Sketchabilities

Hi there !

Back today with a completely different project, one that I created as a sampler for my yesterday workshop. The purpose of this class was to learn how to use a designer paper pad to create layouts ! I choose the Ooh La La pad by Craft Smith because they contain, great background papers, journaling tags, and what I love the most, designs that I can cut out ! And cherry on the top, they are always on sale at Michaels (got mine for less than $6).


I used the sketch 100 from Sketchabilities blog to inspire me. This blog was on hold for few  years, but Karan Gerber decide to revive it in a very close future so don't hesitate to use the old sketches and wait for the new ones to come !


This paper pad was perfect for this picture, because it shows my daughter near the Seine, in Paris ! So when I saw the Eiffel tower, of course I had to cut it !


In fact there are so many pretty things to cut out in this pad , I had a blast ! The only things I added to the paper are Black Soot distress ink for the edges, Stitch stamps (Prima Marketing) with Memento black ink, brush strokes of Salmon colorations spray and drops of black Raider Colorations (Art Anthology)


So my advice if you have bought a paper pad and don't know what to do with it, choose a sketch and look for element from the sketch you could cut in your pad, and let the inspiration flow !

Thank you for stopping by, have fun with your papers, and see you soon for another project !

2 comments: