Wednesday, September 3, 2014

September Scrap Lifting challenge

This month we have a fabulous layout to lift on the Scrap Lifting blog, from a talented designer : Oia
Here is her layout :



It was a difficult one to lift, I couldn't decide if the doilies pattern was part of the paper or not. So I finally did consider that it was not, and once I did, the rest came easily. See for yourself :


The picture were taken in Haiga Sophia, the beautiful church in Istanbul. The last one was blurry, so it fit perfectly under the others. Gold and blue are the major color in this monument, so that was the choice of colors for my layout too.

Materials :



K & Company, MME and Recollections paper ; Inkadinkado, Prima Marketing and Martha Stewart stamps ; Tim Holtz distress ink ; Prima Marketing and Tim Holtz stencils ; Prima Marketing flowers ; Tim Holtz and We R Memories Keepers washi tapes ; Prima Marketing chalks ; blue acrylic paint, gesso and modeling paste ; Sakura white gel pen, Recollections yellow glitter gel pen ; Piggy Tales rub-ons ; Doddlebugs Design pearls.

I couldn't get the white doilies pattern pop up the page with white chalk, so I get over the pattern with white gel pen and did the outside lines with yellow glitter gel pen. Much better.


I outline also the title, it gives it a ancient look.


Another close-up :


I'm loving more and more scraplifting these talented designers !

Don't forget to scraplift Oia's layout, you could win a great prize !


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful lift, Valerie! I love how you highlighted the doilies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white pen was excellent idea, love it! Your photos are so vibrant and the page is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete