This will probably be (never know when the crafty bug bites...) my last Halloween post. It's about a very quick and easy but yet very cute project with paper clips. I just discovered the paper clip art tendency a few days ago in a french scrapbooking magazine (didn't know it was trendy), and I thought I should give it a try... So that's what I made :
Here is the list of materials I used, I will explain how I did them after it :
- paper clips (mini hanger antique silver, others) by Canvas Corp
- Spooky diamonds on kraft from the Haunt it papers by Canvas Corp
- Haunt it sampler on white paper by Canvas Corp
- canvas sheet (in orange and cappucino) by Canvas Corp
- Wicked Gypsy Halloween charms by 7Gypsies
- black High Impact paint by Tattered Angels
- fabric glue
- Fall mini clothespins by Canvas Corp
- Walnut stain distress ink by Ranger
Let's start...Cut a strip of orange canvas sheet to fit the width of the paper clip. Cut the image you want to use (mine was from the Haunt it sampler)
Distress the edge of the image with scissor and ink.
Cut a strip of candy corn border and adhere it on the orange canvas. Place a yellow clothespin on the image and glue them on the top of it. You've done the first one !
For the next one, cut a strip of orange and black diamond paper at the size of the paper clip. I choose to cut out the witch shoes image. Distress the edges of the paper.
Paint a broom charm with black paint.
Cut out the journaling of the image, plus an rectangle in orange paper. Distress them. Assemble your clip tag.
You can make smaller project depending of the size of your paper clip. This one is made with a smaller size of clip, using a spider charm and bit of paper and canvas.
They are really cute tiny things ! You can use them on layout, as bookmark, decorations, or just collect them !
Have a great week end and a scary Halloween !