Monday, February 11, 2019

Shabby altered heart box for Valentine's day !

Hello !

I'm back from my Winter break in France with a new mixed media project just in time for Valentine's day ! I will show you (video tutorial at the end of this post) how to create it, and you can fill it with whatever you want... chocolates, candies, cash, lingerie... Be creative...


I started with a cardboard box and used the Lotus stencil with Mud paste (or texture paste or heavy gesso). Once dried, I glued clay laces I prepared in advance on the box, and then covered everything with white gesso.


I then painted the box with Rose Velvet medium and set it aside to prepare my embellishments (flowers, clay lace, metal flowers, clay letters)...


I covered every embellishment with white gesso before paiting them with Rose Velvet or Portobello Velvet mediums. To give some dimension to them, I added touches of Kona Velvet or Fiesta Velvet.


Once everything was dry, I glued the embellishments in clusters on the box and added a cute pink lace (Webster's Pages) around the lid.


I made a video tutorial if you need some step-by-step guidance for create your own box, to watch here or on my YouTube channel :


Thank you for stopping by, I hope to see you very soon on my blog !
Have a great day !

No comments:

Post a Comment