Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Oh La La ! chipboard mini album with Craft Smith papers

Hello !

I'm back with a quick-to-make mini today !


I have few inexpensive chipboard album in my stash, some from Michaels  (there like $1 or $2 on sale), some from shows, and they are all waiting for me to be pull out and decorate... Well I did that for my class today, as an example of what you can do with these album and an inexpensive paper pad, the Oh La La paper pad by Craft Smith. In fact, that the same paper pad than last month's class (I made a layout with it). If we had more time, I would have made few cards for my class, but today is the last day for this (school) year. Well, I probably will make some anyway...

So I started by adhering paper on each page, trimming the excess with a knife. Then I cut out few designs, like flowers, the Eiffel tower, drinks and bottles as embellishments for the album. For the front cover, I use few word dies for the title (Sizzix/Tim Holtz).


The challenge here was to create the album with only one paper pad. So no flower, ribbon or embellishments ! I just add some black ink on edges of papers. This album is ready to be filled with pictures, or maybe could be used as a gift.


You can create easy pockets by adhering paper just by the edges of the album. Here I cut a large strip with bottle with edge scissors. It left an opening where you can slip journaling tags.


And you can make this pocket in any directions. Here after, I made the pocket on the left side. I adhere the strip of green paper and the circle on the edge of my paper strip before adhering it on the edges of the album. On the right page, I made a flip journaling tag by just scoring a long strip in half.


That was a quick and fun to make mini ! Having coordinate papers really save my time to decorate this chipboard album... so it can easily be made in less than 3 hours, drying time and chatting included !

Thank you for stopping by. See soon for another project...

No comments:

Post a Comment