Sunday, December 20, 2015

Altered tin : a gift card box

Hello !

Ok ok ! I'm late today too ! What's my excuse? I was riding ! Want proof ? Look at me and my daughter :

We had a lot of fun together today... My muscles will get back to me tomorrow...

So, what do we have as my creation of the day ? A mix media tin !
I was in Texas two weeks ago, and JoAnn has this crazy sale where I found Christmas tin a 70% off. So I got this one for 60cts and planned to do a mix media gift card holder with it...
Here is the result :


I cut and glue a paper from the Santa's Journey pad (7Gypsies) on the top of the tin with Mod Podge Mat, add paper tape (Canvas Corp), C-Flute Kraft (Canvas Corp), a paper snowflake painted with light gold metallic paint (Tattered Angels), and some flowers and buttons with gesso, misted with Barn Red glimmer mist (Tattered Angels) and painted with Light gold Metallic (TA).

One more, 4 to go...
We are getting closer to the end of the giveaway, don't forget to comment and follow...
See you soon !

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this cute little tin (and what a bargain!) but especially love seeing the photo of you and your daughter having fun!! Are you snow-boarding?? I never got the hang of that and stuck to skis only!! These tins would be a great way to present a gift card because it's like a mini gift box

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, you ARE having fun. That is super. This is another great idea, I never would have thought of this. I am going to have to keep my eye out through the year for little boxes etc, that can be altered to be gift card holders. We always give so many gift cards at Christmas it would be nice to do something a little different next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made something like this before but didn't look as beautiful as yours. I'm definitely scraplifting your idea.

    ReplyDelete