Sunday, January 6, 2013

King cake time !

In France, we have a great tradition : the first sunday of January, we celebrate the arrival of the Three Wise Men with a almond stuffed cake. Inside is a charm (historically a baby), the one finding it is crowned king or queen.
Almond paste and puff pastry, it's one of my favorite cake. Every year, we invite friends to share this cake with our family, and its always a huge success. Last year I made 4 of them ! Here they are...

 
 
This year, we will celebrate it at home next week. I will probably make 5 or 6 cakes, with one or two stuffed with apple sauce for my nuts allergic friends.
 
I got few days before the party, so I will have time to scrap and show you my work. Let me know if you want the french king cake recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment