Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Envelopes book by Melissa Frances

I did have finally some times to finish the album from the Melissa Frances Scrapbook Expo class ! It was a two hours workshop, but we didn't have enough time to finish the book.
Here is the workshop's description from the Scrapbook Expo, Grapevine Tx website :

--------------------------------------------------

Memories Envelope Book
Melissa Frances
Taught by Kim Garner
Difficulty Rating:
(Intermediate)
     
This Melissa Frances designed mini album is jam packed with techniques and hidden pockets to be discovered. You will leave with a beautiful 8 paged album embellished and ready for your photo's. The neutral pallet of browns and creams compliments the Kraft album and works perfect for those that love to distress. You will also be working with our new Memory accents and some of our vintage inspired stickers for that timeless feel. In this workshop you can follow exactly as designed or feel free to go on your own as we have provided lots of extra elements. We provide full color instructions and an exclusive Melissa Frances tote to carry your album home.

  • What products will be highlighted: Kraft envelope album, memory accents, Melissa Frances stickers
  • What will I learn or complete: Envelope 8 page album
  • What do I need to bring: Please bring glue for paper to paper and ribbons to paper, foam dots, scissors, trimmer, cropodile or hole punch, and your favorite decorative scissors. Folding tool and distress ink optional.
  • What techniques will I learn or use: distressing and folding techniques


  • --------------------------------------------------
     
    Here is what's look like once done :

     
     
    We have only made 3 pages in class, so I had to finish by myself the rest. I almost follow the instructions, it's just a little bit different from the original.

     
    I've distress all the envelopes, tags, stickers...with the Tea Dye distress ink by Tim holtz.
     
    
     
     I din't follow exactly the instructions sheet for these two pages.

    

     

     


     
     
     
     
     
    I still have plenty of stickers and cardstock die-cuts left to add more embellishments to this book. I even have 3 full paper sheets untouched !
     
    I don't plan to put pictures on this one soon, but if I will it will be some pictures of one of our trip in France, maybe in a castel or old village, and I will use sepia colors.
     
     
    I have enjoy making this album, and I plan to make one of my own with K&Company envelopes I bought few months ago at Marshalls.
     
    I hope you like it...
     
     







    7 comments:

    1. That is simply beautiful! What a great project, congrats on getting it finished.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Just found your blog via 2Peas. I'm a new follower. I love your beautiful project!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Congrats and thanks to you ! You're my first follower...

        Delete
    3. What a beautiful project - well done! It's hard for me to be motivated to finish a project so congratulations :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Lovely project! So many wondeful details!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Thank you for posting the pictures of the album. I'm considering taking the class at Scrapbook Expo and I was looking for pictures of the project. Scrapbook Expo only give you a picture of the first page. Thank you!

      ReplyDelete