Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Mixed media Art Journal pages : Fish for love

Hello everyone !

I'm back with a new project for the Art anthology blog : an art journal spread !


 The background was created with Siesta Key Colorations spray and green distress ink, followed by brown distress ink over the Lattice stencil by Art Anthology. I added two types of bubbles, one with the Messy Bubbles stencil and the Mermaid Sorbet medium, the other with a Deep Red droplets stamp and green ink. Some more brown distress ink on the edges of the journal added the final touch to the background.


To create the heart, I painted a cardstock with different mediums and colors, using also stencils to add dimension.


Once I was happy with it, I cut hearts by hand and glued them on my pages. I added some journaling on white paper, used a black pen to outline the hearts, journaling, and drawn the fishing lines.


If you want to know more about this creative process, I made a video tutorial for you :


Thank you for stopping by today ! I hope you enjoy your summer so far. Mine is super hot and I can't wait to go back to a cooler weather... which I will not have in a while because I live in Texas ! Never mind, I will stay in my craft room and create until Fall... See you soon !

No comments:

Post a Comment