Wednesday, February 14, 2018

It's a great day to be a mermaid !

Hello people !

I recently indulge myself with few new stamps and I wanted to use immediately the mermaid one...


I ended up by making a card in teal, using my Copic Sketch markers for coloring the mermaid, the mermaid word, and some of the scales. Papers are from the Coastal stack by DCWV. 


When I was done with coloring, I knew I had to add shells and sand dollars to the card. I went to the craft store and of course saw the beautiful sea shells, starfishs and other real sea items. But I did not buy them. The reason is that seashores are devastated by people harvesting enormous quantity of these cute items. They are not  empty shells from the beach but very much alive animals collected to be dried up and sold in stores. It is devastating for the ocean. So please, if you want cute embellishments for your pages, cards or DIYs, please do not buy those.

What I did instead was buying a seashells mould that I could use over and over again. I create these embellishments with air dry clay and Art Anthology paints : Sunshine, Portobello and Cayman.


A washi tape and rub-on letter for the sentiment with the stamped word et voilĂ  !

Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you liked what you saw.
See you very soon for another project !
Have a wonderful day...

No comments:

Post a Comment