Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Distress Oxide : Same technique, two effects

Hello !

It is a busy week, but I took some time to play with my Distress Oxide today... I made two cards, with the same stamp, both emboosed, but with two different look resulting from different uses of the inks.

Here is the first one, using Distress Oxide inks as watercolors :

The card is made from white cardstock, with a roses stamp by Stampendous embossed with copper powder, and the inks were used as watercolor paints with a brush.

Take a closer look to see the shiny copper design...

Here are the products I used for this card :



For the second card, I choose to cover the white cardstock with black distress ink first ( and sprinkle some water too), then stamp and emboss in silver before using the distress oxide inks as watercolors.

Here a close-up :

That's what I used :



These two cards have very look, and the only difference is the addition of black distress ink in the back ground ! That was a cool effect to discover !

I hope it will inspire you to create something today. Thank you for stopping by today and see you soon !

2 comments:

  1. I have this stamp and do a lot of embossing with it as well. Its simply grogeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan ! Embossing is so much fun and so convenient for coloring...

      Delete